Programs at PMA that address this Domain
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling – Counselors lead small group sessions to assist students in specific academic skills. Topics vary year to year based on need.
- Classroom Lessons – Counselors and teachers deliver classroom lessons throughout the year to assist students in developing academic skills. Topics vary year to year based on need.
- Building Intervention Team – Teachers meet with administration, school counselors, school psychologist and school interventionist to discuss student concerns. Ideas for interventions to be implemented are shared to support student growth.
- Road Blocks – Students have Road Blocks pages in their student agendas. Teachers can track responsibility behaviors that may be causing problems in the classroom. When the third Road Block is documented, a student is referred to the counselor for a Road Block Check-in and follows up on short term goals to solve this problem. ROAD BLOCK CHECK IN
- 5th Grade Visits – All incoming students visit the Academy for basic information and a tour of the school.
- Attendance Incentive by Class – Classes are rewarded with the attendance trophy and recognition for outstanding attendance each week.
- Data Nights – Data nights are held to share information on standardized testing used at the Academy and to teach parents how to interpret the data their child receives through this testing.
- Library Nook Set Up – A special area will be developed in our school library that highlights books available for students to check out in the areas of personal, social and academic development.
- Locker Clean Out– School Wide – School Wide locker clean outs will be conducted and students will be given an agenda for this so they know what to do and how to set up an organized locker space. Students will have a locker note template in which they can fill in what they need to take to each class. Click here to see the Locker Set Up and Clean Out Guide: Locker Setup and Clean Out Guide
- Spring Parent Orientation – Parents are invited to the building the spring before their child starts at the Academy to learn about our structure, policies and scheduling process.
- Agenda Use Training – School Wide -Many students are trained by their teachers on how to effectively use their student agenda during the first few days of school.
- Student Success Plans – Student Success Plans are used at mid-term and quarter to help students identify areas of need, set goals, and get matched up with resources for success (This is optional for classroom teachers).
- Parent Meetings
- Teacher Consultation
See additional resources on our Pinterest page