Programs at PMA that address this Domain
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling – Counselor or outside agencies (such as Girls Inc or Young Champions) lead small group sessions to assist students in specific social/emotional skills. Topics vary year to year based on need.
- Classroom Lessons – Counselors deliver classroom lessons throughout the year to assist students in developing social/emotional skills. Topics vary year to year based on need.
- Library Nook Set Up – A special area will be developed in our school library that highlights books available for students to check out in the areas of personal, social and academic development.
- Minute Meetings – At multiple points through year, ideally August, January and May, counselors will conduct minute meetings will every student in the building.
- Creating Positive Relationships – PE teachers are trained to deliver this program to address healthy life choices. A letter is sent home to inform parents.
- Second Steps – is a social emotional curriculum implemented by teachers Thursday and Friday during Flex period.
- Red Ribbon Week – Red Ribbon Week activities include presentations over announcements that describe the risks of several drugs and the benefit of staying drug free.
See additional resources on our Pinterest page