Programs at PMA that address this Domain
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling – Counselor or outside agencies (such as Girls Inc and Young Champions) lead small group sessions to assist students in specific social/emotional skills. Topics vary year to year based on need.
- Classroom Lessons – Counselor delivers classroom lessons throughout the year to assist students in developing social/emotional skills. Topics vary year to year based on need.
- Conflict Resolution Script and Process – All classroom teachers will be given a conflict resolution display and script to be available when students need to work out a problem.
- Library Nook Set Up – A special area will be developed in our school library that highlights books available for students to check out in the areas of personal, social and academic development.
- Minute Meetings – At multiple points through year, ideally August, January and May, counselor will conduct minute meetings will every student in the building.
- PEERS Program – The PEERS from Perry Meridian High School presents three lessons to the sixth graders on the topics of media influences, assertive techniques and friendship
- Raising Respect – Raising Respect is a character and anti-bullying program implemented on Monday’s during OSCAR time. Raising Respect lessons will be modified to be more interactive and relevant.
- Red Ribbon Week – Red Ribbon Week activities include presentations over announcements that describe the risks of several drugs and the benefit of staying drug free.
- Army of Kindness – This group, led by the school counselor, works to develop a positive and friendly culture at PMA!
See additional resources on our Pinterest page