Car Rider Guidelines
The safety of all students is a high priority! Therefore, we ask that you observe our guidelines for car rider pick up and drop off.
Morning Drop Off
- School starts promptly at 9:05.
- Due to limited supervision, students may not enter the building and must remain in their car until a staff member comes outside and signals that it is time to enter.
- Please follow the car rider line through the parking lot to ensure safety at all times.
- Do not park and walk your child into the building unless they are arriving late and need a tardy slip.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Dismissal is at 3:55 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- We will have early dismissal every Wednesday at 3:30.
- All students must be picked up promptly at dismissal
- If there are changes in your child’s typical procedures, please send it in writing to the main office. If there is an emergency situation, please call the office with changes before 3:00pm.
- Please stay inside your vehicle in the car rider line with your car rider tag clearly visible to staff. Cars will be directed in groups to the cones in front of the school. Your students will be escorted out of building to your car. No cars will be permitted to move or pull away until all students are safely inside vehicles.
- If you do not have a car rider tag, you will need to park in the visitor’s lot and walk into the school. At the office, you will be asked for identification to verify that you are eligible to pick up the student. You must be listed on the emergency card in order for us to release a student to you.
- If your student normally rides a bus, but will be a car rider on a particular day, he/she should submit a note signed by a parent/guardian indicating that they are not to ride the bus. Please do not send this request via e-mail or phone call because there is no guarantee that it will be seen or heard before dismissal.