Posted on July 24th, 2020 in Featured
Hello DM families!
As we count down the final days of summer, I want to remind you of upcoming dates and give you some important information.
I am looking forward to getting the 2020-21 school year off to a great start!
- Classroom placements are posted NOW in Skyward. ***Adjustments may have been made since last week, so please double check your students’ class assignment.
- Student supply drop off – Monday, Aug. 3-
- ONLY ONE PARENT/GUARDIAN per student will be permitted in the building due to social distancing guidelines. This will be strictly enforced for everyone’s safety. Masks required.
- Students will see classroom, meet teacher, drop off supplies, and pick up car rider numbers. Please come at your designated time. If you have multiple students, please use the time frame of the oldest sibling.
- 1st grade – 2 – 2:45
- 2nd grade – 3 – 3:45
- 3rd grade – 4 – 4:45
- 4th grade – 5 – 5:45
- 5th grade – 6 – 6:45
- MEDICATIONS – Our nurse will be here from 2 – 6:45 for families to drop off student medications and complete paperwork. PLEASE bring medication during supply drop off. Parents will NOT be permitted in the building on the morning of the 1st day of school.
- If your student received a Chromebook in the Spring for remote learning (grades 3,4,5), they are expected to bring the device back to school on Aug. 5, or use at home if an online learning student.
- Technology Nights – All 1st and 2nd grade parent/guardians are asked to attend a Technology Night to ensure you are familiar with all the digital platforms students will be engaged in daily. Technology Nights will be 8/10, 8/11, and 8/12 from 5 – 6 pm. This is for BOTH in person and online learning students. ONLY ONE PARENT/GUARDIAN per student will be permitted in the building due to social distancing guidelines. Students should bring their 1:1 device.
- 8/10 – Last name A – H (1st and 2nd grade parents)
- 8/11 – Last name I – P (1st and 2nd grade parents)
- 8/12 – Last name Q – Z (1st and 2nd grade parents)
- CAR RIDERS
- You do NOT need to come in to register for a car rider tag. Car rider numbers will be available in classrooms during supply drop off. You will receive 3 car rider tags to give to whomever you would like to pick up your student. DO NOT park in the parking lot during morning drop off or afternoon pick up.
- Morning supervision and car rider line
- Due to limited supervision and daily preparations, students must remain in their car until a staff member comes outside to signal that it is time to enter.
- If you are unable to wait in the car rider line due to other obligations, please contact the Baxter YMCA for before care registration or have your student ride the bus.
- The morning car rider line will have three open lanes. Use all three lanes and as they converge to 1 lane, take the “Crew Car Wash” approach of taking turns. Please be respectful.
- You will not be permitted to walk your student across the parking lot into the building. Join the car rider line.
- Afternoon car rider line
- Three lanes are formed that converge to 1 lane.
- We will call car rider numbers for students to come out of building.
- No parent will be permitted to come inside to pick up student DURING the car rider line.
- BUS RIDERS
- Bus numbers and drop off/pick up times are listed in Skyward.
- Students must be wearing a mask and sit in assigned seat given by driver.
- REMOTE LEARNING STUDENTS
- Tuesday, Aug. 4, 3 – 5 pm – Chromebook and Instructional material pick up. This will be a drive-up format. Pull into the 2nd driveway (BUS LOT) and pull to the back of the building, door 5. Your student will receive a Chromebook, Reading book, and Math materials. ***Even if you already have a Chromebook from last Spring, you MUST come to pick up your Reading and Math materials.
Just a reminder, due to social distancing, and safety concerns, no visitors will be permitted in the building. This INCLUDES the first day of school. If your student is a car rider, please DO NOT PARK in the parking lot. Get in one of the three lanes of car rider lines, and follow the car rider procedures. You will not be permitted to bring your child in the building. I know this is a change, and may be difficult for some, but it is for the safety of everyone. Thank you for understanding. Please continue to watch for updates in ParentSquare. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone at either supply drop off or remote learning pick up. Mrs. Hardimon