For ALL Students:
- Hats, head coverings, sunglasses, curlers, or slippers are prohibited. Students with a religious objection may apply for an exemption.
- Clothing and jewelry which include depictions or symbols of the following are prohibited:
- sex or sexual innuendo;
- lewd, vulgar, indecent, or plainly offensive speech, including profanity;
- violence, destruction of property, or advocating the use of force;
- urging violation of the law or school regulations;
- alcohol, drugs, or tobacco;
- anything which substantially or materially disrupts the school environment.
The following is a list of appropriate dress items for Douglas MacArthur Elementary School:
- Must be of solid color; no artwork or designs
- Must be tucked inside the bottoms at all times
- Acceptable tops include:
- Button-down oxford shirts with collar
- Long or short sleeved polo shirts with collars
- Turtlenecks with sleeves (long or short)
- DMES spiritwear shirts or DMES sweatshirts over a solid colored shirt with a collar
- Sweaters or sweatshirts without decorative writing or artwork over a solid colored shirt with a collar
Except when wearing an appropriate sweater, sweatshirt, turtleneck or DMES spiritwear shirt, the uniform shirt must always be on the outside and tucked in.
Any top that has a full zipper is considered a jacket and cannot be worn during the school day.
- All pants (knee length or shoe length) must be cargo, dress, or regular style pants made from material similar to a pair of “Dockers”
- All pants must be Khaki, Black, or Navy Blue only; No Denim
- Sweatpants, jeggings, yoga pants, athletic pants, or any clothing item made of stretch material are not acceptable.
- Solid color skirts, dresses, or jumpers at knee level are acceptable
- No baggie pants will be allowed. Belts should be worn with pants that have belt loops.
Knee length pants may be worn by all students before fall break and after spring break. During the time between the two breaks all students must wear shoe length pants.
Shoes: We ask that parents use common sense regarding shoes. Slides, Flip-flops or any type of shoes with wheels will not be permitted for the safety of the students.
JACKETS, HOODED SWEATSHIRTS, OR SHAWLS MAY BE WORN TO SCHOOL BUT ARE NOT TO BE WORN DURING THE DAY.