Posted on March 11th, 2020 in Coronavirus, Featured, News

The District Music Festival scheduled for Thursday, March 12, 2020, has been canceled.

Truly, this was a difficult decision because we know how hard our students and staff have worked on their performances.

District administrators remain in constant communication with state and local health departments regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) risks in our community. We are not aware of any sick students or staff at this time, and we have not been instructed to cancel any activities. However, we believe that an event that draws hundreds of people could potentially increase the risk of spreading germs, particularly for our older community members.

We will review other upcoming extracurricular events and after-school activities to decide if they will continue.

Please know we are doing our best to monitor the situation, and we will continue to update you regarding possible changes to our school schedule and programs, as needed.

For more information about symptoms and the latest from the CDC, click here.

Thank you for your patience.