Posted on February 6th, 2013 in News

Perry Meridian High School is hosting a FAFSA Filing Day on February 12th from 2-7 p.m. in the PMHS Instructional Media Center.

This is an opportunity for families to come to the IMC and work with financial professionals from the business community and college financial aid offices.  It is most helpful if you have completed your 2012 taxes.  If not, bring your 2011 tax return and someone will assist you in the FAFSA filing process.  Computers will be available for you to use.  Chin and Spanish interpreters will be available.  Students need to bring their pin number from Feb. 11.

Register with, prove you completed the FAFSA and be eligible to win prizes like gift cards and an iPad Mini.

What do I need to bring to the FAFSA Filing Day?

The FAFSA asks for information about you (your name, date of birth, address, etc.) and about your financial situation. Depending on your circumstances (for instance, when you filed taxes or what tax form you used), you might need the following information or documents as you fill out the FAFSA:

  • Your Social Security number (it’s important that you enter it correctly on the FAFSA!)
  • Your parents’ Social Security numbers if you are a dependent student
  • Your driver’s license number if you have one
  • Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U.S. citizen
  • Federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married), and for your parents if you are a dependent student:
  • IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
  • Foreign tax return, or
  • Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau
  • Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans noneducation benefits, for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
  • Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate but not including the home in which you live; and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student



Free Tax Prep- Indy’s Campaign for Financial Fitness

Working taxpayers earning up to $49,000 annually, including those who are eligible to receive the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit (CTC) and/or education credits can come for assistance to the IMC.  Families with students at any grade level can take advantage of this service.


What do I need to bring to the Free Tax Prep?

  • Indiana driver’s license or state-issued photo I.D.
  • Social Security card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for all family members
  • All W-2 Forms
  • If filing jointly, your spouse must be present
  • Copy of prior year tax return (if applicable)
  • 1099 Forms (if applicable), including: 1099-G (unemployment benefits); 1099-INT (bank interest); 1099-R (pensions, annuities or retirement plans)
  • Bank account numbers for electronic refund deposit

21st Century Scholars- Affirmation Day-2-4 pm

Mrs. Diana Washington, the 21st Century Scholars Outreach Coordinator, will be available for any final paperwork.

This initiative is supported by EduCash and funded by USA Funds.