Perry Meridian Middle School Dress Code Policy
For ALL Students:
- Hats, head coverings, sunglasses, curlers, or slippers are prohibited. Students with religious objection may apply for an exemption.
- Clothing and jewelry which include depictions or symbols of the following are prohibited:
- sex or sexual innuendo;
- lewd, vulgar, indecent, or plainly offensive speech, including profanity;
- violence, destruction of property, or advocating the use of force;
- urging violation of the law or school regulations;
- alcohol, drugs, or tobacco
- anything which substantially or materially disrupts the school environment.
For Students at Perry Meridian Middle School (in addition to above):
- Solid-color, collared shirt (with sleeves) or turtleneck
- Khaki, black, or navy uniform bottoms, no denim or sweatpants. No holes, rips, cuts, or frays are permitted.
- Tights or leggings worn with skirts must be black, white, or navy
- Knee-length pants. Shorts may be worn until fall break and after spring break.
- Dresses, skirts, shorts and jumpers must be near knee length.
- In winter months, solid-color sweaters or sweatshirts are allowed but must be worn with a collared shirt or turtleneck.
- No flip-flops or “wheelie” shoes. No open toed shoes.
- School spirit wear determined by each building.