Dear Elementary Parents,
You will soon receive an official letter confirming your child’s boundary school for the 2023-2024 school year. Below you will find information regarding open houses for that boundary school and the intra-district transfer process. Please review these dates carefully.
Open Houses will be held January 23rd-26th. Principals will send a ParentSquare message to their 2023-2024 students’ families the week before. Parents will sign-in at the open houses. Here is a schedule for each event:
- Abraham Lincoln: Wednesday, Jan 25th from 6-7 p.m.
- Clinton Young: Tuesday, Jan 24th from 6-7 p.m.
- Douglas MacArthur: Thursday, Jan 26th from 6-7 p.m.
- Glenns Valley: Monday, Jan 23rd from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Henry Burkhart: Wednesday, Jan 25th from 6-7 p.m.
- Homecroft: Monday, Jan 23rd from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Jeremiah Gray: Thursday, Jan 26th from 6-7 p.m.
- Mary Bryan: Thursday, Jan 26th from 6-7 p.m.
- Rosa Parks: Wednesday, Jan 25th from 6-7 p.m.
- Southport: Wednesday, Jan 25th from 6-7 p.m.
- Winchester Village: Thursday, Jan 26th from 6-7 p.m.
Applications for the intra-district transfer process will open February 6th and close February 17th at the end of the day. The target date to send acceptance letters is March 10th. If a parent chooses not to accept the intra-district transfer for the 2023-2024 school year, they must notify the office of Assistant Superintendent for Foundational Learning at Perry Township Education Center no later than April 7th. Information for this process will be shared in all school newsletters.
If you have questions, please contact your current building principal. Thank you!