Pick-up & Drop-off
Morning Drop-Off Procedures
9 a.m. to 9:10 a.m.
- Doors close at 9:10 a.m. – Late arrivals need to go to the front office for tardiness.
- Entrance #5 and entrance #6 are to be used during morning drop-off only
- Please keep in mind these rules are for the safety of your children and to expedite the drop-off process so your children will get to class on time. We have many students who are car riders and in order to be safe and get everyone through quickly, we must all cooperate. If this system does not work for your morning or afternoon plans, please make arrangements to have your child ride the bus or consider carpooling.
- In an effort to keep the line moving, children need to be ready (papers/books in backpack, coats on, etc…) to exit the car when you pull up and stop. Please realize your child may not get out near a specified door. If the line stops and your vehicle is in the middle, your child still needs to exit the car. We have staff present to direct your child and make sure they enter the building safely. Parents need to remain in the car.
- No child should leave their car if a Glenns Valley Staff member is not present.
- Children are to exit all cars near the curbside. If your child has trouble getting out of the car on his/her own, please practice at home.
- NO child will be allowed to walk across the car rider lane.
- NO foot traffic will be allowed in the south parking lot! Please stay in your car. You will be asked to get back in your car and get in line or travel to the North entrance for questions.
- If you have a conference or need to speak with someone, please park in the north lot by the front office and sign in. No adult will be allowed to enter the school except via the front office.
- The North entrance is not to be used for normal morning drop off, only for conferences or questions.
NO VEHICLES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER THE BUS LANE WHEN BUSES ARE PRESENT!
Afternoon Car Rider Procedures
Every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: Pick-up begins at 3:45 p.m. Every Wednesday (Early Release): Pick-up begins at 3:20 p.m.
- All afternoon car riders will be picked up at entrance #5
- If your child is normally a bus rider and you need to pick them up at the end of the day, you must send in a note to the teacher. If no note is received, your child will be put on the bus.
- If you must make a transportation change after classes are in session for the day, a call must be received by 1:30 pm to the front office at 317-789-2800.
- Car signs are issued within the first two weeks of school
- Signs will be issued with your child’s last name to identify your car as the pick-up vehicle.
- Signs are to be placed on the Passengers side sun visor or hand-held in complete view, NOT laying on the dash. Please keep the sign visible until your child enters the car. Everyone will use the signs provided by the school. Different colors are issued each year. Signs from last year are obsolete. If you do not have a sign during pick up, you will be asked to show a picture ID. If you need extra signs for multiple vehicles or their family members, please ask a staff member in the car line.
- Upon entering the Glenns Valley parking lot, cars will form FIVE lines. The five lines of cars will alternate merging into one line.
- We will load five cars at a time along the curb. Drivers will need to pull up in one of the five marked spaces. The children will be called out after all cars have pulled up and have come to a complete stop. Please remain in your car. The children will be allowed to enter the car on the passenger side ONLY not the driver. Once all five cars have been loaded, they will be released and the process will start over. If your child is not present in the car rider hall line when their name is called, you will be asked to pull around and get back in line in order to keep the loading process moving.
- Your children need to enter the car/close the door on their own. If it is difficult for them, practice at home. If you need to pull forward to assist with seat belts, PULL UP to the end of the lane. Have your children practice buckling seat belts at home.
- After the last car is loaded, any remaining children will be taken to the front office. If you are late in picking up your children, you will need to park, come inside and sign them out at the front office. We ask that you be mindful and respectful of school dismissal times. Please be here at the designated pick-up times given above.
- Please make sure you review the Car Rider Rules with your child(ren). We are constantly looking after the safety of your children. Please help us keep them safe as well. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.