Mission, Vision, & Beliefs
The school counseling department at Perry Meridian Middle School strives to provide a high quality, comprehensive program that enables all students to gain the necessary skills to be successful academically, socially, and behaviorally. We are committed to providing a rigorous, safe, developmentally appropriate, culturally sensitive, and nurturing environment where students can be themselves but challenged to grow. Our counselors prioritize collaboration with parents/guardians, staff, and community members to maximize each student’s full potential on their journey to becoming successful adults.
Our vision is to maintain a comprehensive school counseling program that is highly regarded for its contribution in actively preparing our students for success in high school and beyond by pushing academic rigor, college and career readiness, and social-emotional learning.
All school counselors at Perry Meridian Middle School believe:
- All students are unique and should be treated with respect and dignity
- Each student has the right to a safe learning environment that nurtures diversity and individual needs
- Every student can succeed
- Students are most successful when they have relationships with caring adults
- Every adult in our building works hard to build positive relationships and rapport with our students to optimize their success
- The school counselor’s role is to provide a data driven, developmental counseling program that meets the needs of all students by identifying tiered support needs and providing guidance curriculum, individual counseling, group counseling, and other responsive services
- Comprehensive school counseling programs follow the American School Counselor Association’s (ASCA) National Model and the program must be reevaluated annually at minimum