SPIRIT DAY GUIDELINES:
Students who donate $1 on Spirit Days (see dates below) can choose to participate.
What can I wear if I donate $1?
– Normal dress code bottoms (knee length) with Southport spirit shirts
– Solid, navy blue or black jeans with a spirit shirt
– Solid, navy blue or black jeans with normal dress code tops
- Any bottoms that do not come to the knee or with the legs rolled
- Leggings, yoga pants, skinny jeans, sweatpants, athletic pants, and stretch material
- Jeans other than navy blue or black (no tie-dyed or camo)
- Hooded shirts
- Jerseys (other than a Southport jersey that has sleeves)
- Elementary or homemade spirit shirts
- Tops or bottoms with holes, rips, tears, cuts, frays, patches, or inappropriate or excessive designs (beyond pockets)
Click here for a visual of What To Wear / What Not To Wear.
*If students choose not to wear the appropriate clothing they’ll call home for a change of clothing or work in In-School Suspension for the day.
UPCOMING SPIRIT DAYS:
- 8/4 – S6A Help a Student Fund
- 9/8 – Ovarian Cancer Research
- 10/6 – Breast Cancer Research
- 11/3 – Hunger Inc. (DONATE A NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEM -OR- $1+ TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SPIRIT DAY)
- 12/1 – Indy Fuel Teddy Bear Toss (Donate a new stuffed animal -OR- $1 to join in the Toss Event)
- 1/12 – American Heart Association
- 2/2 – Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- 3/1 – S6A Help a Student Fund
- 4/5 – Riley Dance Marathon
- 5/3 – Help a Student Fund
There will be 3 special event days this year:
- September 1st – PTSA Southport Sprint
- February 9th – Glow Lunch
- May 10th – S6A Color Blast (date could be adjusted pending weather)