The Perry Township Special Education Administration supports all Special Education Programs in the District.
In partnership with the building principals, we provide in-service and educate teachers on updates in special education law and different methodologies and resources. We also work collaboratively with RISE Learning Center to meet the needs of all children. Our office serves as a place of reference for teachers, parents, and administrators in providing the best educational services possible for our students.
Detailed below are the areas that fall under the supervision of the Special Education office.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Language and/or Speech Impairment
- Emotional Disability
- Mild, Moderate or Severe Intellectual Disability
- Multiple Disability
- Developmental Delay
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Blind and/or Low Vision
- Deaf and/or Hard of Hearing
- Specific Learning Disability
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Other Health Impairment
If you have questions or are in need of a service, please contact us.
Non-Public School Services
All non-public schools and licensed daycare facilities within Perry Township can be evaluated and offered services through Perry Township Special Education.
Private Schools located within Perry Township
- Calvary Christian School
- Calvary Lutheran School
- Curtis Wilson Primary School
- Beech Tree House
- Gray Road Christian School
- Roncalli High School
- Southport Presbyterian Christian School
- Indianapolis Southside Christian Academy
- St. Barnabas Catholic School
- St. Jude Catholic School
- St. Mark Catholic School
- St. Roch Catholic School
- Suburban Christian School
- Southside Christian School
Special Education areas serviced in Perry Township Schools
Students who are disabled in Perry Township Schools are provided free and appropriate public education, regardless of the severity of the disability — in the least restrictive environment, as close to home as possible. Classes are located on campuses of regular schools and students are included in all activities as appropriate. Perry Township Schools service any student that is able to function in the regular education environment with minimal to moderate special education assistance. Elementary programs service students in all eligibility areas.
Separate class settings for students needing maximum academic, cognitive, behavioral and functional skills support through:
- Mary Bryan Elementary – Comprehensive Intervention Program Classrooms
- Abraham Lincoln Elementary – Comprehensive Intervention Program Classrooms
- Douglas MacArthur Kindergarten Academy-Comprehensive Intervention Program Classroom
- Homecroft Kindergarten Academy-Comprehensive Intervention Program Classroom
- Perry Meridian Middle School – Comprehensive Intervention Program Classrooms (6th-8th grade)
- Southport Middle School – Comprehensive Intervention Program Classrooms (6th-8th grade)
- Perry Meridian High School – Comprehensive Intervention Program Classrooms
- Perry Meridian High School – 12+ Program
- Southport High School – Comprehensive Intervention Program Classrooms
- Southport High School – 12+ Program
Separate class settings for students needing maximum level support emotionally and/or behaviorally are serviced through:
- Rosa Parks Elementary – Maximum support for students with an emotional disability or Other Health Impairment
- Clinton Young – Autism Classrooms for students with an eligibility of Autism Spectrum who are functioning academically close to grade level who need maximum support for behavioral and social needs.
- Southport Middle School, Perry Meridian Middle School, Southport High School, and Perry Meridian High School.
- James Whitcomb Riley Building – High School and Middle School
PROGRAMS AVAILABLE PER BUILDINGS INCLUDE:
- Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing Program – serviced at home schools unless case conference committee decision is to place at another school. Students who are Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing, needing more support are serviced at Mary Bryan Elementary, Southport 6th Grade Academy, Southport Middle School, Southport High School.
- Visually Impaired – serviced at home schools, unless case conference committee decision to place at another school.
Special Education Preschool programs located at:
- Perry Township Education Center (1 Full day, 2 classes-both have 1/2 day a.m. and 1/2 day p.m.)
- Jeremiah Gray Elementary (1 Full day, 2 classes that are 1/2 day a.m. and 1/2 day p.m)
- Community Placement Classrooms as determined by case conference committee